Wednesday 11 May 2016

Living the dream




"So, does it feel as if you are living your dream?" is a question that I have been asked by customers new to the tea room.

"Errrmm....(longer than expected conversational pause)...sort of....I guess...in an unplanned kind of way" I tend to mumble in response.  Which sounds at best, laid back, and at worst  blasé.

To say anything other than a resounding enthusiastic” YES” sounds so ungrateful.  And I am SO very grateful for the opportunity  and support to be able to do what I am doing and to feel passionate about the things that this business of mine stands for.  BUT, trying to run the tea room and shop whilst balancing this with the REALLY important stuff that makes up life, ensuring that me and my man and my boys and my Mum and my as-close-as-family friends still get to enjoy enough time together is really very hard work.  Much harder work than I could ever have anticipated. 

In all honesty, I really never did dream about opening a tea room.  You see, I had an inkling that the long and necessary hours required to sustain such a venture, and the potential worries and stresses, were actually quite the opposite of anything I might dream of.  It isn't something I set out to do in any longed for sort of way....and yet here we are. 

Which raises the next question: "How does a person 'accidentally' open up a vintage style tea room and shop?"

More on that next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment