Thursday 26 May 2016

Oops...I accidentally opened a tea room - Part two

Me:  "Hello.  I've been given your number by the current shop tenant.  I'm just ringing to find out a little more information about rent and length of lease and....stuff like that.....".

Shop landlady:  "Ok.  That's great.  I'm actually speaking to you from Tenerife.  We get home on Friday.  I'll call you back then if that's ok?".

Me:  "Of course.  Great!  Enjoy the rest of your holiday".

Crikey, WHAT am I doing?!

Four days later, and only five days since my initial viewing of the shop with the 'TO LET' sign still in the window.

Shop landlady: "....so unless you have any more questions then I'll leave it with you to decide if you want to go ahead.  We will need an answer by Monday if at all possible as there are four other parties interested in leasing the shop and I don't want to keep them hanging on unnecessarily.  But you were the first to contact me and so you have first refusal".

One weekend - all of two days - later....

Me:  "So yes, we definitely want to take on the lease for the shop as soon as possible please".

After finishing the call. I turn to face The Husband who is sat beside me...

Me (wide eyed and with an increasingly knotted stomach):  "It would seem that we are about to open a tea room".



No comments:

Post a Comment